Consumer Affairs – Renter’s Insurance Info

We recommend all of our tenants obtain renter’s insurance to protect personal property in case of fire, storms, theft, and also cover you in other ways. They can insure you for fire damage, etc. that you may be responsible for.

For instance, a few years ago a tenant left a cigarette burning and went to work. There was over $20,000 in damage. Their rental insurance paid for the damages they would have been responsible for otherwise.

We do not sell the insurance but wanted to provide a link for tenants that want more information and includes customer review so you can decide which ones you may want to avoid and ones you might like to get a quote from.

Rates vary from company to company and depend on amount of coverage you need. You can also check with your current auto insurance carrier. Most of them offer a discount when you have more than type of insurance with them.